Saturday, August 20, 2011

No more procrastinating...

Well I'm officially out of excuses. I have a laundry list of to-do's and an equally long laundry list of excuses to put them off...

First, I have wedding planning to do. I'm not doing it right now because it required more phone calls, and it's Saturday. I'll have to suffice with a list of places to call Monday (which is technically something I should work on now).

Then, I have housework to do... Ya know: laundry, dishes, clean the living room... But in an un-air conditioned house such things are difficult to work on so I should do them later.

I could also walk the dogs or do some yoga, but see excuse above.

I have books and sudoku puzzles to occupy me, but those aren't productive so I should really leave them be until I've accomplished something for the day.

I also have this test I need to sign up for to acquire certification to teach math grades 8-12. I am certified in science grades 4-12 and math 4-8, so I need to extend math into high school to prepare myself to survive cuts faced by my school district next year. I have other areas to get certified in, but I need to start with adding math 8-12. My excuse has been lack of materials to focus my studying. However, a coworker has now lent me a great study guide. OK so what's the next excuse?

Calculators. Mine quit working a while back, mainly because I wasn't too sure of the freshness of all the batteries I tried in it... I can borrow one from work I think, but it's been a busy week of preparation and forgetting things and now... Saturday!!! I need a calculator that is on the approved list and a back up calculator for the test. Well, I took the dogs outside to, well, be outside for a minute, and decided it wouldn't hurt to see if I could find my calculators in the shop.

I found them pretty quickly. My TI-86, Steve's old TI-86, and a scientific calculator I had from my pre-college standardized testing days. I pulled some fresh batteries out and guess what? All three are working! So now I have study guides, calculators, and even a bound journal to collect formulas and work problems in!

So I guess the procrastinating must end with this blog posting. On to math!

No comments:

Post a Comment