Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Break!

As a teacher, I love Spring Break! It's that time of year when work really starts to drag on and teachers just need to hit the reset button so we can get through the rest of the semester. Spring Break is right after a round of TAKS retesting, for those of us who still have high schoolers taking the TAKS test, and it's about halfway through the longer spring semester. Before I started teaching, I thought breaks were for the students, but now I know better!

My husband and I usually try to plan to go somewhere, but end up just staying at home catching up on things instead. Fortunately. Bruce happens to be home from work for the break again this year, so we have been discussing house plans so we can get back to work on the remodel. The plan was to work on some circuits this week, but so far we've just been planning them out. You'd be surprised at how many decisions about the design of vanities and details of bathrooms and kitchens have to be determined before we can run the circuits! It's rather exhausting!

In addition to housing plans, we have been taking the dogs on nice long walks every day! I had been walking them twice daily the week prior, while Bruce was away at work, but it's so much nicer to do it together! I had to walk them separately, which resulted in some unplanned weight loss on my part (not necessarily bad, just not what I was trying to do). The dogs are behaving much better with the frequent walks, and are both learning who does the walking and who does the following! Both are stubborn bully breeds and constantly vie for dominancy, so we are putting them in their place. Scooter and Louie are also enjoying the weather and extended time outdoors, since I'm not gone at work all day every day this week!

Here is Scooter enjoying the deck!


Louie telling me I need to refill his water bowl...


"OK Mom, put the camera down and pet me already!"


Needless to say it's nice to have them both come inside tired and ready to sleep in the corner by the end of the day!

And have I mentioned the weather! It's been such beautiful weather to be off work for a week! It's been sunny, but not too hot and not too cold! Today it was sunny and warm with a cool breeze that made our daily walk to the lake a joy! Louie got a little tired on the way back, but we live about a mile from Lake Lewisville so it is a bit far for an English Bulldog when the sun is out. He was panting but fine, as he still had plenty of energy to pester Scooter as soon as we got back and they were off the leashes!

Happy Spring Break everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment